Volunteers with Springfield Hospital enrich the lives of our patients, visitors and staff through their generosity of time, energy and talents. Through our program, we strive to match the wishes of the volunteers with the needs of our organization. Over 40 volunteers provide services such as:
- Greeting people at the front entrance and assisting them with wheelchairs, providing directions or escorting individuals to departments and answering questions.
- Providing clerical support with data entry, copying, filing, scanning, collating packets, mailing and researching library archives for the history project
- Assisting the nursing staff in the Emergency Room with putting supplies away, running errands, making up new beds and visiting with patients.
- Cleaning the waiting areas, conference spaces and dining room.
- Preparing IV Kits for our Emergency Department staff.
- Working as Activities Assistants at Adult Day Services.
The first step to volunteering is to fill out an application, which includes a background check. All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Upon review of your application, we will be in touch with you to participate in an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator and Department Manager. From that conversation, we determine if we have a position that meets your wishes and can help to benefit our patients, staff and visitors. We ask for a commitment of a minimum of two hours per week for three months. At this time, the full volunteer services program is open to limited positions.
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORMS
Ethics Guidelines Agreement
25 Ridgewood Road
Springfield, VT 05156