Effective Date: June 28, 2022
The Springfield Hospital Notice of Privacy Practices a separate document that governs how medical information about you may be used or disclosed by the Hospital.
Collection of your Personal Information
Information that you provide to us. For certain activities, such as when you subscribe to our alerts, complete an online form, or contact us directly, we may collect some or all of the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, cell phone number, and address;
- Username and password;
- Payment information, such as credit card number, expiration data, and credit card security code; and
- Any other information that you provide to us.
When provided, Springfield Hospital also collects demographic data (such as gender, age, ZIP code, preferences, interests, and favorites).
Information we collect automatically. Springfield Hospital may collect certain information automatically when you use the Website, such as Internet Protocol (IP) Address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Website, the date and time of your visit, links and pages that you view within the Website, and other standard server log information. Springfield Hospital uses this information for the operation of the Website and online services, to maintain quality of the services, to fight spam and other forms of abuse, and to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use the Website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Springfield Hospital public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Springfield Hospital does not read any of your private online communications.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Springfield Hospital pages, or register with Springfield Hospital site or services, a cookie helps Springfield Hospital to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Springfield Hospital Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Springfield Hospital features that you customized.
A pixel, also known as a tracking pixel or a marketing pixel, is similar to a cookie. This is a 1×1 pixel graphic used to track user behavior, site conversions, web traffic, and among other metrics. The tiny pixel-sided image is embedded within the website. These are used to track the number of web visitors. Pixels do not provide Springfield Hospital with access to any sort of patient data.
Children. We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our services.
Use of your Personal Information
Springfield Hospital collects and uses your personal information to:
- To provide and improve the services you have requested;
- Operate and improve the Website;
- To fulfil your requests for products, services, and information;
- To use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Springfield Hospital and its affiliates;
- We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at that time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing your Personal Information
How we may share your personal information. Springfield Hospital may, from time to time, contact you or share your personal information for the following purposes:
- We may contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
- We may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Springfield Hospital, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Springfield Hospital does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Springfield Hospital does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Springfield Hospital will disclose personal information collected by the Website, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or a valid legal request;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Springfield Hospital; and
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Springfield Hospital, or the public.
Springfield Hospital secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Springfield Hospital secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure . When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Websites, it is protected through the use of encryption using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Policy